America's War on Drugs
|Paper Topic:||A research paper about the War on drugs in America|
|Preferred language style:||English (U.S.)|
|Number of pages/words:||2 pages/550 words|
|Order Description (brief):||deliver numbers, the goal, cost and key aspects very briefly|
|Customer's feedback:||Writer's comment:|
|This paper is what I wanted. Yes, you can use my research paper as a sample on www.BestTermPaper.com later. Also, I would like to thank the WRITER for his great job and responsibility in meeting deadline.||Writing of a research paper about War on Drugs demands:
To me it is very important:
America's War On DrugsDrug addiction is what makes people terrified by only mentioning this word combination. We understand that writing essay or research paper on this topic is difficult and time-consuming. It is necessary not only to read much information on drugs but also to find out how the elimination of drug supplies affects social and economic life of the country. There is an easy solution: order research papers and essays from experts in your subject area, the paper that will surely bring you success in your academic life.
The goal: to reduce illegal drug trade to subdue supply and decrease demand for certain psychoactive substances which, as the government considers, can bring harm. This initiative comprises many policies and laws issued for impeding the distribution, production, and consumption of these substances.
The cost: it was estimated that the total cost of drug abuse in America was $143.4 billion in 1998
The effects: complete elimination of illegal drugs in circulation will diminish employment in the US and increase the level of unemployment in Colombia and Afghanistan.
United States domestic policy:
- drug abuse is any personal use of a drug contrary to law
- as a result of the War on Drugs one million Americans are incarcerated each year
United States foreign policy:
The United States has taken a set of military actions as part of its War on Drugs, e.g there was an invasion of Panama under the code name Operation Just Cause which involved almost 25,000 American troops in 1989.
U.S. government alleged involvement in cocaine trafficking:
- In 1986 a lawsuit filed by two journalists from the Christic Institute, alleged that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and other parties took part in criminal acts, such as financing the purchase of arms with the further cocaine sales
- In 1998, CIA Inspector General Frederick Hitz promulgated a two-volume report with lots of Webb's claims. It explained how the Reagan-Bush administration protected 50 contras and contra-related entities which were involved in the drug trade from law enforcement activity, and showed evidence relating to these activities. According to this report, the National Security Council was aware of these illegal activities
Impact on growers:
- The eradication of coca policy of the US government was criticized for its negative effects on the income of coca growers in South America. In many areas the US military and government has introduced the eradication of coca and did not provide farmers with any significant crop as an alternative. Since Evo Morales, the president of Bolivia and a former coca growers' union leader, promised to legalize not only the traditional cultivation but also the use of coca, the issue of coca growers and coca has become a political one in many countries
- The introduction of eradication policies by the international community, and first of all the United States, caused discontent on the part of the rural community and poverty in Afghanistan. The most aggrieved part is the south of the country where any alternative policies for development were taken in order to replace maintenance lost because of eradication
The main question to this topic: How will the elimination of Drug supplies affect the economic and social life of those who are involved in the trade?
We can only guess how much information you need to read to be enlightened about the latest news, reliable statistics and critical articles to write a good essay on this topic. We can help you with writing unique essay to all your professor’s requirements, no doubts.